Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Around My City

Every once in a while, I bring my camera to work. Last week as we were driving around the city, I decided to snap a few pics while we were out and about.
Only about one third of my job actually requires me to be on set; the other two thirds is actually spent on the road, doing Prop pick ups and returns. As a consequence I have a lot of time to just sight see around the city of Toronto. When I'm not on the cell phone or doing paperwork that is...

Front and Bathurst
 Yet another wall of condo's goes up in downtown Toronto. Admittedly, it's better than the old rail yards that use to be at this location but do we really need more condo's?

CN Tower from the Gardiner
 I managed to snap this as we were driving down the Gardiner Expressway. No, I wasn't the driver....

Look up....
 As we were driving down Front St. I stuck the camera out the window of the truck and snapped this sight unseen. Not too bad if I do say so myself....

Rogers Centre
 The Skydome (aka The Rogers Centre) where the Argo's and Blue Jays play. They have a lot in common with the Toronto Maple Leafs too; none of them can play hockey....

The Canary
 Toronto is revitalizing the Portlands. Right now, most of the buildings in the area are gone. All except the Canary. This use to be a school and later a hotel but most of us remember it as a greasy spoon.

Christie's
What can I say, I've always been a sucker for cookies!

Looking Down Adelaide
Looking west down Adelaide. Surprisingly there's no traffic jam at the moment....

St. Lawrence Market
 The market was originally opened in 1835 and for a time operated as Toronto city hall and jail. This is a view of the south side of the south market, around Jarvis and Front.

Have a Nice Day!
Sorry, I had to add this just because of the happy face sign....

CN Tower
 Yet another view of the CN Tower. I actually remember going out onto Lake Ontario with my uncle to watch the helicopter put the last part of the tower into place back in 1975!

Canada Life Building
 Queen and University. The Canada Life building is one of the largest office buildings in Toronto that occupants can still open the windows!

Team Edward!
I've never been a fan of graffiti but this one made be do a double take.

No comments:

Post a Comment